Our sustainability & innovation journey
Leather Working Group (LWG) is a global multi-stakeholder community committed to building a sustainable future with responsible leather. A not-for-profit that drives best practices and positive social and environmental change for responsible leather production.
Since 2005, the LWG Leather Manufacturer Audit Standard has been the cornerstone of work, assessing the environmental impact of leather production.
- Increased supply chain traceability & transparency
- Increased knowledge & access to data
- Improved resource efficiency in leather production
- Reduced waste generation and emissions to the environment
- Improved chemical management and increased use of non-hazardous chemicals
- Increased deforestation and animal welfare due diligence
- Improved working conditions and fair treatment of workers
Yers of experience